Terms and Conditions
- In these terms and conditions agreement means any agreement or contract entered into for the provision of goods and/or services by Catering Wholesalers to the customer.
- “Catering Wholesalers” means Catering Wholesalers Pty Limited of 1555 Botany Road, Botany NSW 2019. The “customer” means any person, firm or corporation requiring goods or services from Catering Wholesalers. “Goods” means goods supplied from Catering Wholesalers to the customer or purchaser. “GST” means the goods and services tax as defined in a New Tax System (Goods & Services Tax) Act 1999 as amended. “Terms” means these terms and Conditions of Sale.
Basis of Agreement
- No amendment, alteration, waiver or cancellation of any of these terms is binding on Catering Wholesalers unless confirmed by Catering Wholesalers in writing. The customer acknowledges that no employee or agent of Catering Wholesalers is authorised to make any representation, warranty or promise in relation to the goods sold pursuant to this agreement or these terms of sale, other than as contained in these terms or as confirmed in writing by Catering Wholesalers.
- Any written quotation provided by Catering Wholesalers to any of its customers concerning the supply of goods and services is:
- valid for thirty (30) days;
- an invitation to treat only;
- subject to the customer offering to enter into an agreement in accordance with these terms. Such agreement shall be deemed to be accepted by Catering Wholesalers when Catering Wholesalers confirms its acceptance of such offer in writing or by electronic means or delivers goods to the customer.
- Catering Wholesalers has no obligation to accept any offer from any customer and may by notice in writing vary or amend these terms at any time, provided that such variation or amendment would only apply to offers accepted by the customer after the date of such notice of variation.
- All prices quoted in the written quotation or verbally to the customer for the supply of goods exclude GST and other taxes and duties payable in respect of the goods unless stated otherwise.
- Payment for goods and services must be made in full prior to delivery of the goods or provision of any services with CLEAR FUNDS. We do not accept the following means of proof of payment unless funds have entered our account:
- Payment by cheques.
- Remittance advice receipts.
- Cash Deposit receipts.
- Payment terms may be revoked or amended at the sole discretion of Catering Wholesalers by Catering Wholesalers giving written notice to the customer.
Passing of Property
- Until the full payment in cleared funds is received by Catering Wholesalers for all goods to be supplied by Catering Wholesalers to the customer as well as any other amount which may be owing to Catering Wholesalers by the customer:
- Title and property in all goods remains vested in Catering Wholesalers and do not pass to the customer and in the event that goods have been delivered by Catering Wholesalers to the customer and no title to the said goods shall pass to the customer who shall hold the said goods as fiduciary bailee and agent for Catering Wholesalers;
- Catering Wholesalers may without notice enter any premises where it suspects any such goods may be and remove them, notwithstanding that they have been attached to other goods, not the property of Catering Wholesalers and the customer irrevocably licenses Catering Wholesalers to enter such premises and indemnifies Catering Wholesalers against all claims, actions, suits and demands brought by any party arising out of such action.
Risk and Insurance
- Any risk in the goods and any responsibility to cover the goods by insurance in respect of theft, damage or otherwise passes to the customer upon the goods being dispatched from the premises of Catering Wholesalers or from the warehouse of Catering Wholesalers or other place where the goods may be situated and the customer shall assume all risk and liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or to properties of the customer or to third parties arising out of delivery of the goods or their use and possession.
Acknowledgments by the Customer
- The customer acknowledges that:
- it has not relied on any advice, recommendation, information or assistance provided Catering Wholesalers or any employee or agent of Catering Wholesalers in relation to the sale of goods and/or services or the use or application of such goods or services;
- the customer has the sole responsibility to satisfy itself that the goods or services are suitable for the use of the customer or any contemplated use by the customer whether or not such use is known to Catering Wholesalers; and
- any description of goods provided in a quotation or notice is given by way of identification only and the use of such description does not constitute a contract of sale by description;
- the customer must provide to Catering Wholesalers particulars of its Australian business number, its order number and the quantity and model number, its delivery address and insurance details when Catering Wholesalers requests it.
- once a deposit has been paid, goods may be held for a maximum of 8 weeks only from date of order at the Catering Wholesalers Warehouse. Should any order(s) be required to be held longer by Catering Wholesalers, a 5% charge will be incurred based on the purchase price of the order per week until the goods are ready to be picked up or dispatched.
- Catering Wholesalers shall provide to the customer the estimated dates of delivery and will use its best endeavors to maintain such estimates, but shall not be liable to the customer in the event that such estimates cannot be maintained.
- The obligations of Catering Wholesalers as to delivery shall extend to the delivery of goods to the kerbside or street level only. In the event that there are additional delivery requirements the customer shall notify Catering Wholesalers at a reasonable time prior to any such delivery and any additional costs thereby incurred shall be to the customer’s expense.
Inspection and Return of Goods
- Unless the customer has inspected the goods and given written notice to Catering Wholesalers within two (2) business days of delivery that the goods do not comply with the relevant specifications or descriptions, the goods shall be deemed to have been accepted in good order and condition and no claim for credit, non-delivery or repair of goods shall be accepted unless notification is made within two (2) days in writing to Catering Wholesalers.
- In the event that Catering Wholesalers otherwise accepts the return of goods for credit, such credit will endure for a maximum of twelve (12) months from the date of first sale to the customer of the returned goods and any such return will be liable to a re-stocking fee being not less than 30% of the invoice value of the goods.
- In the event that Catering Wholesalers accepts the return of goods for credit, the customer remains liable for the costs of re-delivering the goods to the manufacturer and shall be liable to pay Catering Wholesalers such costs.
- Nothing in these terms shall oblige Catering Wholesalers to accept returns of goods for credit if such goods were damaged during their assembly or installation and nothing shall oblige Catering Wholesalers to pay any of the costs of assembly or installation or make it responsible for any losses arising from defective assembly or installation and nothing in this clause shall affect the construction of Clause 19 of these terms.
Cancellation of Orders
- No order may be cancelled, modified or deferred without the prior written consent of Catering Wholesalers and if Catering Wholesalers shall consent to any cancellation, modification or deferral the customer shall reimburse it for all losses including loss of profits and shall be liable to pay a cancellation and re-stocking fee being not less than 30% of the invoice value of the goods.
- In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or product information, Catering Wholesalers Pty Ltd shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for products listed at the incorrect price.
- Catering Wholesalers Pty Ltd shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged or payment otherwise taken from you.
- If your credit card has already been charged or payment has otherwise already been taken from you for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Catering Wholesalers Pty Ltd shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.
The limitation of liability of Catering Wholesalers
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect or shall be deemed to affect any right, entitlement or other remedy conferred upon the customer by the provisions of the Trade Practices Act 1974 or other State or Territory Legislation as amended and nothing in these terms shall be interpreted as excluding, restricting or having the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying the application of any of the Trade Practices Act or any State or Territory legislation applicable to the sale of goods or the supply of services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified provided that Catering Wholesalers liability under any aforesaid provisions is limited, at its option to:
- replacement or repair of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods or payment of the costs of replacing or repairing the goods or requiring equivalent goods; or
- refund of the purchase price;
and Catering Wholesalers will not be liable in any case for any consequential or other direct or indirect loss or damage arising by breach of these terms.
- Subject to these terms:
- Catering Wholesalers at its discretion may repair or replace any goods to remedy any failure due to faulty workmanship or materials, provided that such goods may have acceptable variance (as determined by Catering Wholesalers).
- Catering Wholesalers is not obliged to repair or replace goods or remedy any failure due to faulty workmanship or materials unless the customer supplies it with detailed information on the warranty form provided by Catering Wholesalers as to the defects in the goods. Catering Wholesalers is not liable for any collateral damage caused to the customer for any collateral damage accruing to the customer for any faulty work or materials supplied;
- the customer acknowledges that any warranty given in respect of plant and equipment is the warranty of the manufacturer of the goods and that Catering Wholesalers is not responsible for such warranties and gives no warranty of its own in respect of the said goods;
- the customer acknowledges the provisions of any Act or law, (including but not limited to the Trade Practices Act 1974) implying terms and conditions and warranties or any other terms and conditions of warranties which might otherwise apply to or arise out of the agreement between Catering Wholesalers and the customer in relation to the goods, are hereby expressly negatived and excluded to the full extent permitted by law;
- the customer further acknowledges that the benefit of this warranty is subject to the customer not being in breach of these terms and conditions or of any additional agreement which is in place;
- Catering Wholesalers, or its representatives, being given access to the goods for the purpose of inspection and rectification of any claim;
- the customer not having repaired or undertaken to repair the goods without the prior authorisation of Catering Wholesalers nor altering the goods in any way;
- the customer having used and maintained the goods in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, their failure not being the result of incorrect or poor maintenance by the customer;
- the customer acknowledging that it has not relied upon any advice given by Catering Wholesalers, its agents, servants, representatives or employees in relation to the suitability for any purposes of the goods.
- This agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales and the parties agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the State of New South Wales and of Courts entitled to hear appeals from these Courts.
- Failure by Catering Wholesalers to enforce any of these terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any of Catering Wholesalers rights.
- If any of the terms of this agreement shall be unenforceable such terms shall be read down so as to make it enforceable or if it cannot be read down the condition shall be severed from these terms without affecting the enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions.
- Any notices given by either party to this agreement may be delivered personally or sent by facsimile or pre-paid mail to the last known address of the addressee and shall be deemed to be received upon posting or receipt of facsimile transmission or email.
Waiver and Assignment
- No failure by Catering Wholesalers to insist on strict performance of any of any terms in these terms is a waiver of any right or remedy which Catering Wholesalers may have and is not a waiver of any subsequent breach or default by the customer.
- Neither the agreement nor any rights arising under the agreement may be assigned by the customer without the prior written consent of Catering Wholesalers which it may give or refuse at its absolute discretion.